With the summer holidays almost upon us, many travellers are making the necessary preparations such as booking caravan sites, buying supplies and preparing itineraries. However often forgotten –but just as important – is preparing your RV for the summer vacation.
By following these simple tips from Australian largest RV manufacturer, Jayco, RV owners can hit the road with ultimate peace of mind.
- Put it through its paces. Perform a thorough RV inspection before you head off on your vacation to make sure everything is in working order. Check the lights, inspect all attachments and connections and make sure you get everything that is broken or worn-down repaired.
- Inflation. Underinflated tyres are more likely to puncture and reduce fuel efficiency, so check your RV’s tyre pressure before you hit the road. A few pounds per square inch (PSI) either way can make all the difference between a flat tyre and a trouble-free holiday.
- Service with a smile. Make sure you take your RV in for a service if it is due. Jayco recommends servicing your RV every 12 months. This will ensure your RV gives you years and many happy kilometres of trouble-free travel.
- < Accessorise. Deck out your RV with a range of creature-comforts that will make your holiday more enjoyable. TVs, cooking appliances and air conditioners can all be purchased at Coast to Coast (http://www.coastrv.com.au/)
- Don’t pack the kitchen sink: While Jayco RVs are designed with maximum storage in mind, try to be vigilant and refrain from packing large, heavy items that you are unlikely to use. Extra weight burns extra fuel so the lighter your load, the fuller your wallet will be at the end of your holiday.
- Make sure you have back-up. It may sound obvious, but make sure you’re covered for roadside assistance and ensure that your existing membership hasn’t lapsed. Jayco Roadside Assistance will provide you with 24 hour support in the event of an emergency such as emergency towing, flat tyres, lost keys and accommodation. For more information on Jayco Roadside Assist visit http://www.jayco.com.au.